FREE AGENT POLICIES & PROCEDURES
In an ongoing effort to provide an opportunity for all interested players to participate, we welcome all players who do not already have a team to enter into the Free Agent Draft. All players who decide to enter the Draft are guaranteed a place on a participating team’s roster and are expected to conduct themselves in the spirit of sportsmanship.
Entering the PFFL as a Free Agent is an exciting opportunity to have fun, meet new people, and become part of a community of competitive adult male athletes. As a member of the PFFL, it is required that all players authorize their participation by signing a waiver and player conduct policy.
This article will outline the various policies and procedures that should be adhered to by every player interested in becoming draft eligible.
- Free Agent player fees must pay their player fee 48 hours prior to the scheduled Free Agent Combine date.
- The Free Agent questionnaire must be completed 48 hours prior to the scheduled Free Agent Combine date.
- Any request to be drafted with another draft eligible Free Agent, must be stated 48 hours prior to the scheduled Free Agent Combine date.
- Free Agents who are registered are not permitted to circumvent the Draft process by communicating directly with General Managers at the Combine.
- The Draft is performed jointly between team general managers and the PFFL Staff.
- Upon being drafted, Free Agent players must make a concerted effort to engage with their new teammates while making a sincere effort to compete.
- Drafted Free Agent players interested in being waived or traded must reference the PFFL Transaction Process and follow the procedures defined within it.
Entering the Free Agent Draft
- Go to www.pghflagfootball.com and select “Adult” under the “Sign Up” tab.
- The date, time, and location of the Free Agent Combine can be found under the “Calendar” tab.
- Prepare for the Free Agent Combine by stretching and arriving in comfortable workout clothes.
- After the Combine is complete the PFFL Staff will create an evaluation report which will be posted on the website for teams and players to review.
- The Draft will be held on-line and via conference call. The date can be found by navigating to the calendar page of the website.
- Free Agents and teams are encouraged to view the Draft on-line and after the selections are complete all Free Agents will receive the contact information of their team General Manager.